
Hello all. I've just returned from a horrible horrible journey. But we will get to that in a minute. Last night we went out for Christine's 21st birthday. We pregamed hard with a bunch of people from our flat and hopped on the tube (it closes at midnight every night) and got off at Piccadilly Circus -(the stop that has all the night clubs and pubs etc. The Broadripple of London perhaps...except a thousand times better hehe Sorry Jess and Riley) we met up with 20 or so other people from the Thorsby house (the housing unit close to our school) and raged till 12:30 because thats when the bar closed. We hung out with people from our flat till like 3:30 though so it was a lonng night. Christine got her 21 shots in for the night so we labeled it a success.
Now let us discuss the horrible horrible journey. This morning we had to be at our school at 10am to meet with our advisor to talk about our internship etc. We wake up at 8, leave at 9, and we were still late! We didn't get into our classroom until 10:15. Yuck, what a commute! So I meet with my pseudo advisor because my real one wasn't able to make it today and she is absolutely horrified by the location of my internship. Apparently it is one tube stop past our school. So that will be another hour or so commute every day for my internship. And it's not a straight shot either. I will have to switch tube lines twice, and then I have a ten or fifteen minute walk to the gallery. Advisor: "Oh my, what a horrible horrible journey every day. This is absolutely horrible. [She pulls out the tube map to double check how horrible my journey is.] Oh dear, you will have to change lines at least twice! Why aren't you living in Thorsby? You really should since you are so close. Thorsby is only a ten minute walk or so."
She continues to discuss how stupid my commute will be for another ten minutes then tells me what I am actually doing...which will hopefully make the commuting worth it. My interview for the position is tomorrow at 3 which means I'll have to leave my house by 1:30 most likely. She told me Sutton Lane is a small contemporary gallery that does a lot of public relations and promotions for modern artists! Aka Haley's dream job. Someone told me that their friend was hired after they completed their internship; they went back to the states to finish school then moved to London. How exciting!
After my daunting meeting with the woman, I decide it would probably be a good idea to try and find exactly where this gallery is. So it takes us about a half hour or so to finally figure out where the hell Sutton Lane even is. Sutton Lane is actually an ally, and Sutton Lane gallery is actually not even labeled. Its just two huge black doors, with no windows in a tiny ally. Great. So the interview process tomorrow should be interesting.
Tonight I need to take a break because I can slowly feel my liver deteriorating. If you guys get bored check out the tube map. I start at Earls Court (bottom of map), the closest tube stop to my internship is Ferringdon (top), and the closest tube stop to my school is Angel. So that is all I have for you kiddos as of right now, miss you all very much! Oh ya, the sun NEVER comes out here...if I weren't so busy all the time it might get a little depressing! Love you!
That certainly is a long commute, then again it is your dream job!!...and we know what it takes.
ReplyDeleteyou cant move to London after school....i wont let you.
ReplyDeleteSweet I got a name drop! WOO WHOOP!
ReplyDeleteYou don't need the sun anyway because you already probably stick out like a sore thumb over there. HA!!!