I often times like to make correlations btw positive characteristics you would use to describe yourself in an interview and real life situations. Example: resourcefulness demonstrated by chewing gum directly after taking a shot of alcohol because proper chasers were not available.
Last night's example of inappropriate interview characteristics can be described as a persistence to party. Allow me to map out an evening only to be described as ridiculous.
I exit my apt at 5:30pm wearing a short grey skirt, white t, and high heels. Even in New York you will get stares for these types of shenanigans because people are not ready to see you in this attire quite yet...I get on the subway to meet up with some friends for happy hour on 42nd st (East Side), afterwards I hop on the subway again to meet up with E for our romantic restaurant week dinner on 14th st (East Side). After dinner we take a cab back up to 50th st (West Side). 50th turns out to be a dud, so we decide to meet up with another team at 56th st (East Side). Once out of the cab, the team informs us we actually needed to be on 23rd st (East Side). At this point E and I are hot (really hot), sweaty, and increasingly becoming less sober and more grumpy.
After a very silent walk up to 68th street I decide to try one last time. Erin and I depart ways and I jump BACK onto the subway headed down to 23rd st. This last attempt was a winner. I met up with Alex and his friends at a 3 story hookah bar/club. They had a table with bottle service there so the remainder of the evening was both enjoyable and economically efficient.
Attached map for detailed travel experience coming soon.
proud of you kid.
ReplyDeletexo.
Got to love your determination. What plans do you have for us next week???
ReplyDelete