Hey team! Yesterday I filled my tourist duties and saw a little bit of what this city had to offer. During the day we went to the Tate and it was everything I had hoped for and more! I want to go back again by myself and spend the whole day there, instead of just two hours. We walked around the museum area by the river etc. We also did a little shop shopping around, which is always necessary. (Don't worry Scotter no big purchases to speak of.) During the evening hrs 24 of my study abroad mates and myself went on the London Eye; which is really just a huge ferris wheel, and when you get to the top you can see the whole city. It was a really great experience. I obviously snuck some vodka on and made it my own little booze cruise. I just uploaded fb pics for you all to check out. The night progressed into one of drunkardness and debauchery per usual. It was a great ending to a 2 week vacy. Tomorrow I actually start school! Yuck. I have no idea when my classes start so that is on the to do list for tonight to figure out.
As you can see from the pic, someone is actually wearing a beret. We were on the tube and I clearly got way too excited when I saw him. I pretended to take a picture of Erin, but I really just wanted to capture this mans beret. Although I think he was foreign, I will still count it as number one. Today I rounded the troops up early to head to a place called Brick Lane. It is a HUGE market place with fresh food, clothes, jewelry, restaurants etc. Some dude told us if we wanted to see the "real" London, we had to go to Brick Lane. It was so awesome. Morgan and Cait when you guys come we will have to go there because both of you (especially Morgan) would love it. There are so many interesting things there! I got a dress, a cool bracelet, and Chad Christine and I all bought matching sweatshirts with this creepy kitten on it (we thought it was really funny.) All in all it was a really good day! Just got home around 5, and thinking about dinner hardcore right now. I must go eat before I starve to death, but I love you all very much!
Cheers! (they say that after EVERYTHING...I kinda like it though)
Scotter says...oh good...mom and I are just so excited to know that you have purchased yet ANOTHER sweatshirt! You have to be a little more original about your purchases or better yet show a little restraint and dont purchase.
ReplyDeletecheers...you loving father.
Jillian says...That beret was the BEST present ever. Have a great first day of school. Have Erin take a pic just like I always did. love u lots
I would love to check out that market! That would be so interesting!
ReplyDeleteHave fun at school! Your vacation is over. HA.
Nice beret finding! haha! So Im glad to hear the date with the guy went well! Thats super exciting! Ill have to long onto facebook and check out your pics. I just got my new laptop so Riley put skype on it for me so I added you. Maybe Ill see you on sometime! Hope everything is going well for you and that your having fun! :)
ReplyDelete