Hello Readers
I am currently at work. I have decided for the last 20 minutes of my life I cannot and will not look at the same spreadsheet I have been analyzing for the past month.
I haven’t spoken to you guys about the weekend. It was great, if you were wondering. Friday night we went to a local clubby/bar thing which was very convenient for the ride home. Usually we are somewhere in Meatpacking which requires some serious concentration to figure out how to get home. Saturday, as some of you may know, I finally made it to Nevada Smiths where I was on the clock from 9:30-5:30, main responsibilities included drinking beer and cheering for America. I was great at this job, some might even say, too great. I slept from 6:00pm Saturday evening to 5:30am Sunday morning. Sunday was pretty rough until about 1pm, but I still managed to make it to Central Park for a couple hours of bronzing in the sweltering humidity.
The first portion of my 4th of July week has been hot. Really hot. Today it finally cooled down, but humidity was at 12,000% on Monday and Tuesday which makes crowded subways in the morning not so much fun. Tuesday evening Kemma and I went to see Mary Poppins on Broadway! I am always (and by always I mean twice now) astounded by what they can do with sets and props! They are so detailed and transportable you forget you are at a play. At one point they had Bert—the chim chimminy chim chim charee sweep man tap dancing upside down on the ceiling! And at the end of the play Mary Poppins flew into the crowd on her umbrella. Muy impressivo I say.
Tonight we have an intern bonding session, perhaps a post party happy hour, who knows. Watch out for the weekend updates. Shout out to Riley on Friday, way to be born broski! Have a Happy 4th everyone, miss you tons!
will mioss you at the lake this weekend!!! debbie and andrew and stephen and jenn are coming up with me. we shall venture to the frog and hopefully NOT walk back. who does that? xo
ReplyDeleteHi Halster,
ReplyDeleteLoved your blog again! Last night Budley and I went to Warsaw to see All SHook Up, a play packed with Elvis songs. It was wonderful..just a taste of Broadway in the cornfield. Go to as many plays as you can. Hope you get a price break on those tickets. I am meeting Jillian on the pier today at 1:30 for a tandem jet ski adventure. I am not sure she knows how to navigate the beast, but she is always up for the job! HA. Scotter is crazy as always..getting a new kayak to go faster. JL and friends will be here for the 4th. Lots of fun and we will miss you, but you will be having THE fun!
Hi Halster,
ReplyDeleteJillian and I took the jet skis out yesterday. Your mom did not really know how to drive it, but she backed her out of the slip and away she went. We had a blast. She drive through the channel and out onto the lake with no problem. We have had two beautiful days so far. Have a wonderful holiday and be careful!!!